The importance of a correctly fitting saddle
I created Saddles That Fit with the sole aim of helping horses and riders to live happy, healthy lives. I fit using a high level of ethics and will always do what is right for the horse. Horses can not speak and therefore I have a duty to be their voice. I work with a range of breeds and types from ponies to performance horses, from showing to showjumping.
By having the correct saddle it
allows a horse and rider to:
Feel unrestricted, unimpeded and uninhibited
Move with more ease, less effort
and become more supple.
Become more balanced in their body, utilising it to the best of its abilities.
Create a better partnership, working together in cadence and harmony.
Reduce anxiety, stress and tension,
whilst maximising results.
Reduce the need for corrective chiropractic/osteopathy and physiotherapy
Reduce stress on joints and muscles
Be more effective and perform better
Develop the required muscles in
the correct places
Train harder and recover faster
What to expect from a consultation?
2. Bridle check
3. Conformation assessment (photos taken)
4. Body condition score / weight
5. Back Assessment
6. Trot up (videos taken) if flat surface is available
7. Chalking up and templating of horse ( photos taken)
8. Static Fit of current Saddle/s
9. Assessment of current saddle/s (recommendations made)
10. Alterations to current Saddle if appropriate
via: flocking, shims, pads, gullet/ tree width adjustments
11. Ridden assessment of Saddle (if appropriate)
13. Booking of follow up appointment